Monday 29 June 2009

Separated at birth?

I think I met my long-lost twin this evening.

I went to the weekly meetup/intercambio at The Quiet Man and not long after arriving, I was introduced to Maddie, an Irish girl who has been living in Madrid for over 3 years.

Somehow we got to chatting about sport, and discovered that we both play tennis and badminton.

While discussing the best method for transporting a tennis racquet on a plane, I mentioned wanting to bring my guitar here. It turned out that she sings and plays the guitar. As do I.

She organised public carol singing for charity 2 years in a row in Madrid. I told her that I used to organise the same kind of thing in the UK, under the giant Xmas tree at Gatwick Airport.

Her previous job was at Dublin Airport.

My paternal grandfather was brought up in Limerick Junction, Ireland, less than 2 miles from where she was born.

Needless to say, we have swapped mobile numbers! though they turned out to be very different!

1 comment: