Wednesday 20 May 2009

What's not to like?

I'm having a particularly good day. Not that I generally have a bad day, but just occasionally one of those days comes along that genuinely makes you glad you're alive. This is one of those days.

Why?

The English lesson I gave this morning was good, productive and had the desired outcome for both parties! Even if it overran.

It's hovering around the 30 degree mark in the sun, which is where I've been for most of the day.

It's "Everything for 1 Euro" day at Cerveceria 100 Montaditos, which is where Julie and I had lunch. Even dropping one of my little sandwiches on the floor had a good outcome cos we gave it to a homeless guy!

I won the lottery. OK, I won £1 on an Instant Win game!

I went in the local greengrocers and still can't get over the fact that here, fresh veg actually smells of veg! The whole shop smells like, well, like it should! And you can only get what's in season - unlike the forced, imported, vacuum packed crap in Tesco!

I also went in the local version of Lidl and got: 6 bottles of San Miguel, a huge bar of chocolate, a large jar of lentils, 2 cans of Coke, a unsettlingly large bag of crisps, toothpaste, a tortilla espanola and a freshly baked ciabatta. For 7 Euros.

The hour I chose to sit in the park reading my book and getting a few more freckles also turned out to be........firemen exercise hour. Mmmmmmmmm.

And now? I'm in my sunny lovely flat, with Amy McDonald on, a lentil stew simmering on the hob, asparagus grilling happily, ciabatta waiting to be sliced and a very cold beer in my hand.

As I say, what's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment