Sunday 24 May 2009

Infuriating insomnia!

Once in a while, insomnia hits me. Apparently, it's time!

For the last 3 or 4 nights, I have lain awake in bed til 3 or 4 in the morning for no apparent reason. I'm tired when I go to bed, I'm not thinking about anything in particular that would explain it, but sleep just won't come!

I can blame it, in part at least, on the weird noise that has been coming from the internal walls of the flat over the last 2 weeks. There is something odd going on with the pipes or something. Several times a day but more importantly, during the night, there is a whining, grinding sound which gets louder and louder over the course of 3 or 4 minutes, then peters out. It's infuriating. Initially, we thought it was the people in the next flat every time they ran the hot taps in their kitchen or bathroom, but after writing them a note and having a chat, we've established that's not it. We're stumped. But it's waking us both up at least once if not twice every night - usually around 2.30 am then again around 7.20. You can almost set your watch by it!

So I have a feeling that I'm now going to bed and just expecting to be woken up, so maybe that's why I can't get off to sleep in the first place.

Insomnia in a shared flat is a bit difficult. I don't want to wake Eve up so I'm not going to go and sit in the living room with the TV on and have a cup of tea! Last night, I spent 2 hours watching bits of episodes of ER that I'd downloaded and doing way too many stupid quizzes on Facebook (as some of you will have seen).

Ah well, tonight I'll try vast quantities of beer (any excuse) and a late night at the intercambio and see if that works!

zzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment